Greyhound Pets of America Greater Orlando
The Greyhound Pets of America Greater Orlando (GPA/GO) is a non-profit organization that helps Greyhound.
The GPA/GO can accommodate more than 50 Greyhounds at a time, and they’re all looking for permanent homes.
Most of the dogs here are Greyhounds that used to be used for racing. In other words, greyhounds, including retired racing dogs, are looking for a home to live here forever.
Greyhound has the following characteristics:
- The fur is short, smooth, and easy to manage.
- It has a variety of colors, including white fur, light yellowish brown, reddish gray, and spotted patterns.
- Although they are not aggressive against other dogs, they are not suitable for houses with small pets such as rabbits because they tend to chase their prey fiercely.
- They get along well with young children and are not aggressive, so they don’t growl or bite, and leave if they’re annoying.
- Like other Hound types, Greyhound has a strong instinct to chase.
- It can run at speeds of up to 45 mph.
- You can jump up to 8ft.
Due to the nature of Greyhound, which can run fast and jump high, these puppies need a proper surrounding environment.
What GPA/GO does for Greyhound
GPA/GO is making every effort to find people who will be the perfect owners of dogs.
In particular, GPA/GO directly conducts tasks such as educating the public about how suitable Greyhound is as a companion animal.
Things that have changed recently.
On January 1, 2021, the Greyhound race became illegal in Florida. The track has been closed and no more racers are available.
So after 25 years at GPA/GO, you won’t have to get a racing greyhound that has retired from the track.
The new role of GPA/GO in the Greyhound community is to provide active support to Greyhound in emergencies, risks, and anxieties.
Specifically, it provides Greyhound with continuous care in situations such as having a physical condition that requires treatment, being in an injured shelter, getting lost, or finding a Greyhound that is lost its owner. 동물병원 추천
If you want to help GPA/GO?
GPA/GO relies primarily on donations and community service. So if you love dogs and want to help them, you can help them by contacting them directly or through Hands-on-Orlando.